Wednesday 3 April 2013

Youths

I've been back home for Easter weekend, getting a break from Dundee and playing with puppies. It's been awesome. Whilst I was home, I discovered an old sketchbook I'd had when I was in first year high school (about 8 years ago?) and remembered a couple of characters I'd drawn in it that I recall being incredibly proud of when I drew them:



I think they were created as a frustrated statement against how my sister used to watch "Sailor Moon" and how annoyed I was at how girly it was...

I never used to draw cartoons as I never knew what I wanted to do until the end of high school - I've only really been working on drawing from my imagination properly for the past couple of years. These two are examples of the very rare instances that I dared to draw from my mind.

Anyway, as a break from SUSHI work, I decided to try redrawing these now - 8 years later - as a gift to my former self. They're soo far from the kind of theme of stuff I draw now, but they were fun to do. I tried to keep it as close to the original drawings as possible - I don't think younger Andrew would have been impressed if I'd changed them...



Who knows... Maybe in another 8 years I'll come back to them again, hopefully having improved a bit more...

No comments:

Post a Comment